The first half hour of Marley & Me is ?awful. It’s basically two A-list stars chasing a puppy, looking as ? embarrassed as Charles Grodin in Beethoven. But then the film (and the mischievous Lab) sucker punches you with humor and humanity. Call me a softie, but I sniffled. EXTRAS include a look at the 22 dogs who played Marley, a gag reel, and some funny deleted scenes. B+
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jennifer Aniston, Owen Wilson, Alan Arkin, Eric Dane; Director: David Frankel; Author: Scott Frank, Don Roos; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2008; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted March 25 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Ryan Reynolds give Conan O’Brien a massage as Deadpool (with panda tears)
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the red band trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'