The first half hour of Marley & Me is ?awful. It’s basically two A-list stars chasing a puppy, looking as ? embarrassed as Charles Grodin in Beethoven. But then the film (and the mischievous Lab) sucker punches you with humor and humanity. Call me a softie, but I sniffled. EXTRAS include a look at the 22 dogs who played Marley, a gag reel, and some funny deleted scenes. B+
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jennifer Aniston, Owen Wilson, Alan Arkin, Eric Dane; Director: David Frankel; Author: Scott Frank, Don Roos; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2008; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted March 25 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Look, but don't retouch? Female celeb photo debate
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition, a.k.a. 'the craziest 24 hours of my life'
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie; 'Fifty Shades of Grey' drops to No. 4
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Brad, Lea & Darren, Paul and More!