The first half hour of Marley & Me is ?awful. It’s basically two A-list stars chasing a puppy, looking as ? embarrassed as Charles Grodin in Beethoven. But then the film (and the mischievous Lab) sucker punches you with humor and humanity. Call me a softie, but I sniffled. EXTRAS include a look at the 22 dogs who played Marley, a gag reel, and some funny deleted scenes. B+
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jennifer Aniston, Owen Wilson, Alan Arkin, Eric Dane; Director: David Frankel; Author: Scott Frank, Don Roos; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2008; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted March 25 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Spend a day with Ryan Gosling on 'Blade Runner' set for a good cause
- Lethal Weapon ratings edge ahead of Designated Survivor
- 'Survivor': Mari says 'it hurts to see Hannah swayed in that way'
- Idina Menzel on gay Elsa campaign: 'I think it's a wonderful idea'
- 'Supernatural' to channel 'Spinal Tap' for rock 'n' roll-centric episodes
- Sandra Oh returns to ABC — but not on THAT show
- Stephen Colbert praises Elizabeth Warren, slams Wells Fargo CEO