The first half hour of Marley & Me is ?awful. It’s basically two A-list stars chasing a puppy, looking as ? embarrassed as Charles Grodin in Beethoven. But then the film (and the mischievous Lab) sucker punches you with humor and humanity. Call me a softie, but I sniffled. EXTRAS include a look at the 22 dogs who played Marley, a gag reel, and some funny deleted scenes. B+
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jennifer Aniston, Owen Wilson, Alan Arkin, Eric Dane; Director: David Frankel; Author: Scott Frank, Don Roos; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2008; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted March 25 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!