The first half hour of Marley & Me is ?awful. It’s basically two A-list stars chasing a puppy, looking as ? embarrassed as Charles Grodin in Beethoven. But then the film (and the mischievous Lab) sucker punches you with humor and humanity. Call me a softie, but I sniffled. EXTRAS include a look at the 22 dogs who played Marley, a gag reel, and some funny deleted scenes. B+
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jennifer Aniston, Owen Wilson, Alan Arkin, Eric Dane; Director: David Frankel; Author: Scott Frank, Don Roos; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2008; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted March 25 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum