Shelf mold (on a reportedly troubled production completed in 2005) encrusts this ? misshapen adaptation of Spinning Into Butter, and Rebecca Gilman’s 1999 play about racism and toxic political correctness at a small Vermont college ?is lumpy enough as it is. A painfully miscast Parker nervously flips her hair and waves her hands, sitcom-style, as a do-gooding dean of students who must face her own prejudices on a campus where all her white colleagues apparently are hypocrites and fools. Williamson plays a local black journalist — all too obviously a minority position in Vermont. D
Genre: Drama; Starring: Sarah Jessica Parker, Miranda Richardson, Beau Bridges, Mykelti Williamson; Director: Mark Brokaw; Author: Doug Atchison, Rebecca Gilman; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season
Posted March 25 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters