Shelf mold (on a reportedly troubled production completed in 2005) encrusts this ? misshapen adaptation of Spinning Into Butter, and Rebecca Gilman’s 1999 play about racism and toxic political correctness at a small Vermont college ?is lumpy enough as it is. A painfully miscast Parker nervously flips her hair and waves her hands, sitcom-style, as a do-gooding dean of students who must face her own prejudices on a campus where all her white colleagues apparently are hypocrites and fools. Williamson plays a local black journalist — all too obviously a minority position in Vermont. D
Genre: Drama; Starring: Sarah Jessica Parker, Miranda Richardson, Beau Bridges, Mykelti Williamson; Director: Mark Brokaw; Author: Doug Atchison, Rebecca Gilman; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R
Posted March 25 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!