Marvel Studios, the home of Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk plans to bulk up its ranks – and generate ideas – by hiring a handful of screenwriters to participate in an in-house writers program, an insider confirms to EW. (Deadline Hollywood Daily first reported the story.) The plan is to have scribes (possibly including comic-book writers, who are encouraged to apply) write exclusively for Marvel during the one-year term of the gig and give the studio right of first refusal on any of their past or near-future projects.
Posted March 26 2009 — 11:26 PM EDT
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony