Katherine Heigl, the Grey’s Anatomy star known for speaking her mind, is happy to stick with the show as long as they will have her. At a party yesterday celebrating Grey’s 100th episode, Heigl said she did not know whether her character, Dr. Izzie Stevens, who is battling cancer, was going to be killed off at the end of this season. According to an AP report, the actress said, “I was assuming that at one point and I got a lot of shruggedshoulders and shakes of the head, so I don’t know if that’s a yes or ano. No one will tell me and I don’t know how this is going to go. Idon’t know if I live or die. I don’t know how Izzie fares.” If Izzie does kick cancer, Heigl said she’d gladly remain on Grey’s – “I’m there,” she told the AP – and called the set “one of my favorite places to be.” She also said that she had no problem juggling a television and movie career. “I’m more than happy to make that compromise. As my agent likes to say, ‘High-class problems.’ I don’t know if I want to continue for five years working 12 months ayear, but I can take at least another year or two.” Perhaps this is the beginning of a kinder, gentler Heigl?
Posted March 28 2009 — 3:34 PM EDT
- What to Watch This Weekend: 'The Walking Dead,' obviously
- Jimmy Kimmel hires Doctor Strange for kids' birthday party
- 'Guilt' canceled by Freeform after one season
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Will DeLuca and Maggie ever reunite?
- Watch Lady Gaga dedicate emotional Dive Bar Tour set to her father
- Trump booed at charity dinner while cracking Clinton jokes
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' reveals Michaela's mom