State of Play director Kevin Macdonald is on board to direct Focus Features’ Roman military drama The Eagle of the Ninth, reports Variety. Set in the second century A.D., the story follows an injured Roman soldier and his devoted Celtic slave as they investigate the mysterious disappearance of a brigade of Roman soldiers. Jamie Bell (Defiance) will play the servant while Channing Tatum (Stop-Loss) is in talks to star as the lead. Production is set to begin in August on location in Hungary and Scotland.
Posted March 31 2009 — 12:45 PM EDT
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big