Carrie Underwood has sung “Home Sweet Home” on the east coast – which means that American Idol’s eighth season is down to its final eight contestants. [SPOILERS ahead, for those of you on Pacific time.] Not surprisingly, Simon made the whole “Judges’ Save” about himself, the folks in the bottom three seemed not particularly rattled by their misfortune, and Megan Joy flapped her wings and brazenly cawed in the face of adversity. It’s enough to make you wonder why she didn’t choose Nelly Furtado’s “I’m Like a Bird” for “Top Downloads” week. Except for the fact that, well, we all know Simon hates songs about birds. As for me, I hate the fact that more people would apparently prefer to hear the musical stylings of Yell Rounds and Sleepy MacIntyre than Allison Iraheta. What. The. Hell? Anyhoo, check out our spankin’ new video interview with the charming Michael Sarver below – it’s a three-parter; parts 2 and 3 play automatically when part 1 is finished – then head to the comments section and share your thoughts on tonight’s results show. Holla!
Posted April 2 2009 — 2:20 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- Donald Trump makes cinema great again on hilarious Instagram account
- 'Transformers' teases new trailer in behind-the-scenes clip
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- Box office: 'Moana' tops for second week, Disney sets industry record
- Marvel's 'Luke Cage' renewed for season 2
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards: See the list of winners
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big