A “tweet” may have saved a Demi Moore fan’s life, CNN reported today. The actress, whose Twitter blog has some 380,000 fans, received an online threat from a woman who said she was “getting a knife, a big one that is sharp. Going to cut my arm down the whole arm so it doesn’t waste time.” Moore responded to the grim statement with the comment “Hope you are joking.” The unnamed 48-year-old woman’s suicide threat was traced to a San Jose, Calif., home, where she was taken into custody for a 72-hour psychiatric evaluation. Moore, who was in southern France where husband Ashton Kutcher is shooting the crime drama Five Killers, later informed her Twitter followers that the San Jose police were in control of the situation, and that she was “very torn about responding or retweeting that woman’s post but felt uncomfortable just letting it go.”
Posted April 3 2009 — 10:08 PM EDT
- Angelina Jolie's divorce team working with fixer who inspired 'Scandal'
- Luke Cage and Jessica Jones to team up in 'Marvel Heroes''
- Beyoncé pays tribute to Jay Z, Blue Ivy in Ivy Park video
- Ben Affleck and Matt Damon fight over who Tom Brady loves more
- Nate Parker addresses 1999 rape case in '60 Minutes' preview
- 'Luke Cage': Why it's more than just a superhero show
- Michelle Obama showers Zendaya with compliments in new video