Jon Lovitz and his business partner Frank Kelley will open the Jon Lovitz Comedy Club at the former site of the BB King Blues Club at Universal’s CityWalk in Los Angeles, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Lovitz will perform standup himself along with headline comics at the three-level club set to open May 28. Instead of a black-box feel, Lovitz’ club will be bright and open with a beachy decor and serve “great food,” according to the former Saturday Night Live star, who hopes to work closely with NBC’s nearby The Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien.
Posted April 3 2009 — 10:05 AM EDT
- Samantha Bee interviews women world leaders about facing misogyny
- 'Shaun the Sheep Movie' is officially getting a sequel
- Will Ferrell brings back Harry Carey to celebrate Cubs win
- President Obama admits to laughing at Donald Trump 'most of the time'
- Seth Meyers mocks Trump's Gettysburg address
- Tom Hanks asks Zoltar from 'Big' for yet another wish
- What to Watch Tuesday: 'This Is Us' goes to the Super Bowl (sort of)