Alex Da Silva, a Brazilian-born salsa dancer who has choreographed several numbers for Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance, was taken into police custody in L.A. Saturday for allegedly sexually assaulting four of his female students. The charge stems from four separate incidents: The choreographer was accused of sexual assault in 2003, 2004 and 2005, but prosecutors at the time opted not to file charges. But on March 28, police re-examined the previous accusations after another woman accused Da Silva of luring her into his home and raping her. (“These four women don’t know each other at all, yet their reports read basically the same,” said one of the detectives on the case.) Da Silva is currently being held on $3.8 million bail, and will appear in court Tuesday.
Posted April 5 2009 — 2:53 PM EDT
- Leonard Nimoy's legacy: A long and prosperous life remembered
- Entertainment Geekly: Leonard Nimoy and the importance of being Spock
- 'Once Upon a Time': Will Emma go evil?
- 'Lost' alum Terry O’Quinn to star in ABC's 'The Adversaries' pilot
- MTV renews 'Are You the One?,' 'The Challenge,' orders two new series
- Kelly Osbourne is leaving E!'s Fashion Police
- 'Parks and Recreation': On the set for the last day of filming