Alex Da Silva, a Brazilian-born salsa dancer who has choreographed several numbers for Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance, was taken into police custody in L.A. Saturday for allegedly sexually assaulting four of his female students. The charge stems from four separate incidents: The choreographer was accused of sexual assault in 2003, 2004 and 2005, but prosecutors at the time opted not to file charges. But on March 28, police re-examined the previous accusations after another woman accused Da Silva of luring her into his home and raping her. (“These four women don’t know each other at all, yet their reports read basically the same,” said one of the detectives on the case.) Da Silva is currently being held on $3.8 million bail, and will appear in court Tuesday.
Posted April 5 2009 — 2:53 PM EDT
- Rare, uncorrected 'The Bell Jar' proof up for auction
- You'll never believe how tired Third Man Records is of Jack White clickbait
- Jon Stewart, Larry Wilmore riff on Duggar scandal
- Watch the 'Mr. Robot' pilot right this second
- The Fat Jewish channels Steve Jobs in new book cover -- EXCLUSIVE
- Django Django revisits '80s classic for new video
- 10-year-old Tinashe performs Bob Dylan cover in unearthed video
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Ben Affleck, Taylor Swift, the Entourage Guys & More!