The Wizard of Oz is a great movie. I’m not disagreeing with that. But I think we’ve officially hit a saturation point with all of the spin-offs and reimaginings and whatnot. We already had The Wiz. Return to Oz. Wicked. Tin Man. Now comes word that Friday Night Lights executive producer Jason Katims is working on a pilot called Dorothy Gale, set in present-day Manhattan, where Dorothy battles her “wicked” boss. Get it?! It’s all so subtle. And boring. But you know what show I would watch? Flying Monkey. It would be about a flying monkey, obvs, who moves to the big city and shares an apartment with a struggling actress and a scruffy bartender. They would all hang out in the pizza parlor downstairs. Oh, and there would be a lot of zingers about how the star is a monkey with wings. Greenlight that NBC! I dare ya!
Posted April 6 2009 — 10:25 PM EDT
- Lady Gaga to perform at the 2016 American Music Awards
- 'This Is Us' star on tonight's ep: 'We meet Jack in the present day'
- Chris Martin sings with kids Apple and Moses at charity event
- Watch the trailer for 'I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House'
- Michael Phelps brings his Phelps Face to new 'Call of Duty' trailer
- ABC cuts 'Notorious' order, possibly first canceled show
- Pussy Riot debut celebratory anthem 'Straight Outta Vagina'