How this under-appreciated French band scored a high-profile slot on SNL is a source of some mystery, but they certainly made the most of the unexpected opportunity. I’ve been obsessively playing an advance of their excellent new album, Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix (due May 26), over and over in the office, and they totally pulled off the rich-and-tricky pop sound of two album highlights, “Lizstomania” and “1901.” Check out the clips below, and if you like what you hear you can buy the studio versions right now on a four-track EP the band just released on iTunes.
Posted April 6 2009 — 4:10 PM EDT
- See the new trailer for USA's female drug kingpin saga 'Queen of the South'
- Drake Bell previews 'Drake & Josh' reunion on 'Grandfathered'
- The Oscars thank-you scroll: Will it liven up the show?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' exclusive: Spencer & Aria investigate Sara Harvey
- 'Frozen' animator Lino DiSalvo to direct Playmobil movie
- Hear Beyoncé's hot sauce-themed playlist
- Elena Ferrante's 'Neapolitan' series being adapted into TV show