Jackie Chan has provided new details about his upcoming epic Big Soldier, Variety reports. The $25 million Chinese production, which Chan produced, wrote, and stars in, takes place during China’s Warring States Period (476-221 BCE). Chan plays a soldier who’s accompanied by a junior soldier (Lee Hom). “It’s an action picture with black humor, plus a bit of romance,” Chan said. The movie is currently shooting in Beijing, but there’s no word yet on when it’ll be released.
Posted April 7 2009 — 8:41 PM EDT
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- 'Major League' star Margaret Whitton dies at 67
- 'Supergirl': Will we ever meet Earth-1 Kara Danvers?
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday