Common, Nas, The Roots, Damian Marley, and Big Boi are among the acts performing at this summer’s Rock the Bells hip-hop festival, which will hit 10 North American cities between June 27 and Aug. 9. The bill also includes Reflection Eternal (featuring Talib Kweli and Hi-Tek), The RZA, Raekwon, Sage Francis, M.O.P., Eyedea, Slum Village, Chali 2Na (of Jurrasic 5), and several other artists, with “surprise performances” being teased as on tap as well. KRS-One, Supernatural, Murs, and Pete Rock will host the event, which will make stops in Chicago, Toronto, Washington, D.C.,Boston, New York, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, andVancouver. Dates and venues have not yet been announced.
Posted April 8 2009 — 9:37 AM EDT
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony