Gore Verbinski has opted out of directing the fourth installment of Pirates of the Caribbean expected to hit theaters in 2010, Variety reports. Rather, the helmer of the franchise’s first three films will focus on Bioshock, a Universal Pictures project based on the bestselling videogame. Currently, Verbinski is directing Rango, a CG-animated film featuring a character voiced by Pirates star Johnny Depp. Verbinski is also a potential director for the announced adaptation of the boardgame Clue.
Posted April 8 2009 — 12:30 PM EDT
- Drake is releasing more new music in December
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat