I was already counting the minutes until Bruno hits theaters on July 10 (that would be 139, 4 – whatevs, math is too hard), and now comes word that its director, Larry Charles, is nearing an agreement to helm Winter’s Discontent, a big-screen comedy about a widower who transplants to a retirement community with his buddy in hopes of getting some geriatric lovin’. Old people + Larry Charles = My butt in a multiplex seat. Let me explain that: Charles (pictured, sans trademark beard) boasts a killer comedy pedigree (Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage, Borat, etc.) and there simply aren’t enough comedies focusing on the Centrum Silver set. By the way, Larry, I know you’re busy, but if you could find a little time to develop a TV comedy for next season, that’d be swell. What say you, PopWatchers? Are you craving an old-school laugh or three?
Posted April 9 2009 — 1:47 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- Donald Trump makes cinema great again on hilarious Instagram account
- 'Transformers' teases new trailer in behind-the-scenes clip
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- Box office: 'Moana' tops for second week, Disney sets industry record
- Marvel's 'Luke Cage' renewed for season 2
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards: See the list of winners
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big