After a two-year battle with cancer, Dave Arneson, one of the cocreators of Dungeons & Dragons, died on Thursday in St. Paul, Minn., the AP has reported. He was 61. Arneson and Gary Gygax, who passed away last year, developed the medieval-themed fantasy game in 1974 .Over the next three decades, it became an enormously successful franchise, branching out into role-playing books, video games, and movies.
Posted April 10 2009 — 7:03 PM EDT
- Drake is releasing more new music in December
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat