Dragonballs look a bit like cueballs, or at least how cueballs might appear to a person on strong hallucinogens. They glow and swirl, and anybody who collects all seven of them inside the Dragon Temple during the ”blood-moon” eclipse will be granted one wish — unless the lizard-skinned Lord Piccolo and his ninja sidekick get there first and unleash the evil beast Oozaru to take revenge for Piccolo’s 2,000-year imprisonment. Confused yet? Fans of the best-selling Dragonball comics (and cartoons, and videogames…) might have a shot at untangling the knotty dream-logic that strangles Dragonball: Evolution’s live-action adaptation. But the rest of us — bored senseless by the story of a high-school outcast (Justin Chatwin) who bands with a mercenary (Emmy Rossum) and a martial arts master (Chow Yun-Fat) to find the precious orbs — have little to do but marvel at the fact that something this trippy made it to our local multiplex. C
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Justin Chatwin, Jamie Chung, Joon Park, Emmy Rossum; Director: James Wong; Author: Ben Ramsey, Akira Toriyama; Release Date Wide: 04/08/2009
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Orphan Black' star Jordan Gavaris talks Felix
- Kids' Choice Awards host Nick Jonas answers questions from kids
- 'Walking Dead' star Tovah Feldshuh on Rick-Deanna showdown
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!