Dragonballs look a bit like cueballs, or at least how cueballs might appear to a person on strong hallucinogens. They glow and swirl, and anybody who collects all seven of them inside the Dragon Temple during the ”blood-moon” eclipse will be granted one wish — unless the lizard-skinned Lord Piccolo and his ninja sidekick get there first and unleash the evil beast Oozaru to take revenge for Piccolo’s 2,000-year imprisonment. Confused yet? Fans of the best-selling Dragonball comics (and cartoons, and videogames…) might have a shot at untangling the knotty dream-logic that strangles Dragonball: Evolution’s live-action adaptation. But the rest of us — bored senseless by the story of a high-school outcast (Justin Chatwin) who bands with a mercenary (Emmy Rossum) and a martial arts master (Chow Yun-Fat) to find the precious orbs — have little to do but marvel at the fact that something this trippy made it to our local multiplex. C
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Justin Chatwin, Jamie Chung, Joon Park, Emmy Rossum; Director: James Wong; Author: Ben Ramsey, Akira Toriyama; Release Date Wide: 04/08/2009
Posted April 11 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Benicio Del Toro hints again at 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' involvement
- 'Key & Peele' prove Neil deGrasse Tyson can use his brain to get out of anything
- 'Arrow' first look: Check out Diggle's new super suit
- 'House of Cards' actor joins 'Luke Cage' as Cottonmouth
- Anne Hathaway says she's already losing roles to younger actresses
- See Daniel Radcliffe play 'Grand Theft Auto' creator in new movie
- The 'Age of Ultron' gag reel proves the Avengers are only human (well, except Thor)
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!