Nearly three decades after Ordinary People, Timothy Hutton is back for more sadness ?in the 1970s suburbs in Lymelife. In this overworked ?if heartfelt indie, Hutton broods in his ?basement as a distant dad whose vague, unchecked symptoms of debilitating Lyme disease (contracted on tick-infested Long Island) symbolize the vague, unchecked anomie of the era. (Just a guess.) Rory Culkin commands attention, though, as the teen boy next door, negotiating the usual sad-suburbs terrors of first love and tension between his squabbling parents, played by Long Island-bred Alec Baldwin (who also produced) and Jill Hennessy. C+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Alec Baldwin, Kieran Culkin, Rory Culkin, Jill Hennessy, Timothy Hutton; Director: Derick Martini; Author: Derick Martini, Steven Martini; Release Date Limited: 04/08/2009; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R
Posted April 11 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards call off engagement
- ABC's new thriller 'Quantico' asks a big question: Who's really the terrorist?
- See the first teaser for Martin Scorsese's rock drama 'Vinyl'
- 'Destiny' is replacing Peter Dinklage with Nolan North as the voice of Ghost
- Joel McHale says no more 'Community,' but movie hopes remain
- Apple Music will stream Dr. Dre's new album before release date
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' casts immortal villain Vandal Savage