Nearly three decades after Ordinary People, Timothy Hutton is back for more sadness ?in the 1970s suburbs in Lymelife. In this overworked ?if heartfelt indie, Hutton broods in his ?basement as a distant dad whose vague, unchecked symptoms of debilitating Lyme disease (contracted on tick-infested Long Island) symbolize the vague, unchecked anomie of the era. (Just a guess.) Rory Culkin commands attention, though, as the teen boy next door, negotiating the usual sad-suburbs terrors of first love and tension between his squabbling parents, played by Long Island-bred Alec Baldwin (who also produced) and Jill Hennessy. C+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Alec Baldwin, Kieran Culkin, Rory Culkin, Jill Hennessy, Timothy Hutton; Director: Derick Martini; Author: Derick Martini, Steven Martini; Release Date Limited: 04/08/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R
Posted April 11 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations
- 'NCIS' postmortem: Emily Wickersham reacts to Bishop's marriage troubles
- See the same-sex romance that was deleted from 'Love Actually'
- Kurt Cobain makes first Billboard chart appearance as solo artist