Nearly three decades after Ordinary People, Timothy Hutton is back for more sadness ?in the 1970s suburbs in Lymelife. In this overworked ?if heartfelt indie, Hutton broods in his ?basement as a distant dad whose vague, unchecked symptoms of debilitating Lyme disease (contracted on tick-infested Long Island) symbolize the vague, unchecked anomie of the era. (Just a guess.) Rory Culkin commands attention, though, as the teen boy next door, negotiating the usual sad-suburbs terrors of first love and tension between his squabbling parents, played by Long Island-bred Alec Baldwin (who also produced) and Jill Hennessy. C+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Alec Baldwin, Kieran Culkin, Rory Culkin, Jill Hennessy, Timothy Hutton; Director: Derick Martini; Author: Derick Martini, Steven Martini; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R
Posted April 11 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Suits' has been renewed
- See the full 'Uncharted 4' behind-closed-doors E3 demo
- Unauthorized Melrose Place Story in the works from Lifetime
- 'Agent Carter' Comic-Con poster, season 2 hints revealed: Peggy lands in Hollywood
- ABC reviving 'To Tell The Truth'
- Robert Downey Jr., Paul Thomas Anderson nearing 'Pinocchio' remake deal
- Michael Keaton, J.K. Simmons exit 'Kong'
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Beyoncé, LL Cool J, Taylor Swift & More!