If you see only one comic love story from Kazakhstan this year, choose this prize-winning honey. Tulpan is the saga of Asa, a shy young man who searches for a wife under extreme conditions. He’s a nomadic shepherd just returned from military service, the Kazakh steppe he calls home is vast and empty ?beyond imagining, and the only eligible young lady for miles around — her name’s Tulpan — rejects him because of his big ears. There’s no room for mush in filmmaker Sergey Dvortsevoy’s triumphant, intimate drama, not when the necessities of daily life are so elemental, and so tenderly observed. A
Posted April 11 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade