If you see only one comic love story from Kazakhstan this year, choose this prize-winning honey. Tulpan is the saga of Asa, a shy young man who searches for a wife under extreme conditions. He’s a nomadic shepherd just returned from military service, the Kazakh steppe he calls home is vast and empty ?beyond imagining, and the only eligible young lady for miles around — her name’s Tulpan — rejects him because of his big ears. There’s no room for mush in filmmaker Sergey Dvortsevoy’s triumphant, intimate drama, not when the necessities of daily life are so elemental, and so tenderly observed. A
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!