I really should know better than to text EW’s Dancing With the Stars expert Annie Barrett when I’m under the influence of NyQuil. She totally outed me as a major Mark Ballas fan in her recap of last night’s show: “This gushing text message just in from EW.com’s Mandi Bierly: ”I love,love, love the way Mark kept putting his face right into Shawn’s. Sucha good way to keep the connection. It’s the cold meds. I’m way tooobsessed.” Now BUI (blogging under the influence…of DayQuil), I will admit that I rewound Mark and Shawn Johnson’s rumba three times. This is especially noteworthy because I tend to hate the rumbas on DWTS: If not performed well, it’s the world’s most boring dance, am I right? But Mark struck the perfect balance of naughty and nice with 17-year-old Shawn, and the way he kept touching his face to hers – so, so sweet. Maybe it’s just the facial hair and the lack of guppy faces he’s not making this season, but he’s now my favorite DWTS pro. (Just pretend that Lindy Hop never happened. I do.) Who’s with me?
Posted April 14 2009 — 6:15 PM EDT
- The Tao of Kenny Chesney
- Martin Short and Steve Martin goof around on 'The Tonight Show'
- 'Better Things': How Bridger Zadina prepped for a makeout scene
- Daisy Ridley on smashing glass ceilings with 'Eagle Huntress,' 'Star Wars'
- Ellen DeGeneres scares Ricky Gervais with a Donald Trump impersonator
- Julia Roberts asks fans to donate to GLSEN for her birthday
- 'Superstore': Colton Dunn talks onscreen rivalries in Halloween episode