Remember how fantastic Thora Birch was in American Beauty? And Ghost World? It really felt like she was going to be the Next Big Thing. Kinda like Wes Bentley. And Mena Suvari. Hmmm. I’m beginning to see a Beauty alum pattern. But now Birch is doing Z-grade schlock like Winter of Frozen Dreams (probably my favorite Huh? film title since Bruce Willis’ Tears of the Sun), a true-life crime drama where she plays a prostitute turned murderer. The trailer for the flick, costarring Keith Carradine(!), just recently popped up online. What do you think PopWatchers? Are you as bummed about Birch’s career path as I am?
Posted April 14 2009 — 2:00 PM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'