Brüno, the upcoming summer comedy starring Sacha Baron Cohen, has received an R rating from the MPAA, Universal Studios announced. Last month, an earlier cut of the film—in which Borat creator Baron Cohen plays a gay Austrian fashion reporter who travels across America—was tagged with a more restrictive NC-17 rating, but upon viewing a new edit of the film, the ratings board gave it an R for “pervasive strong and crude sexual content, graphic nudity and language.” Brüno will be released on July 10.
Posted April 17 2009 — 2:39 AM EDT
- #MakeFilmsIntoTVShows Twitter trend was long overdue
- The Best of 2016 in entertainment, from A to Z
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2,' 'Bad Boys 4' set for Summer 2019
- Jennifer Lawrence can't believe Chris Pratt speaks German
- 'Justice League' director Zack Snyder eyeing 'The Last Photograph'
- 'An Inconvenient Truth' sequel debuting at Sundance in Jan. 2017
- Preview the opening scene of the 'Last Man on Earth' fall finale