Determined to keep up awareness for the humanitarian crisis in Darfur, Sudan, Mia Farrow has committed to go on a hunger strike starting on Monday. The 64-year-old actress will consume only water for 21 days (or until her health is put at risk) as a sign of solidarity with the people of the war-torn African region, the Associated Press reports. The star of Rosemary’s Baby and several Woody Allen movies has been one of the most visible critics of the situation in Darfur, which she has visited 11 times.
Posted April 23 2009 — 12:30 AM EDT
- Justin Timberlake's illegal voting booth selfie is 'under review'
- 'This Is Us' preview: Creator Dan Fogelman on 'The Game Plan'
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid perform Justin Bieber's 'Baby'
- Bob Saget teases 'Fuller House' Thanksgiving episode with new photo
- Donald Trump says he has ‘no interest’ in Trump TV
- Australian 'Bachelor' contestants fall in love with each other
- Amy Schumer responds to backlash from 'Formation' parody video
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop