The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will return for their fifth big-screen outing in 2011. The live-action film will focus on the origins of sewer-dwelling heroes Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael (and Splinter too!) and will remain true to the original 1980s comics. According to Variety, Peter Laird, co-creator of the TMNT comics, said the pic may employ face replacement technology, which would allow the turtles to be much more expressive.
Posted April 23 2009 — 10:00 AM EDT
- #MakeFilmsIntoTVShows Twitter trend was long overdue
- The Best of 2016 in entertainment, from A to Z
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2,' 'Bad Boys 4' set for Summer 2019
- Jennifer Lawrence can't believe Chris Pratt speaks German
- 'Justice League' director Zack Snyder eyeing 'The Last Photograph'
- 'An Inconvenient Truth' sequel debuting at Sundance in Jan. 2017
- Preview the opening scene of the 'Last Man on Earth' fall finale