With its cozy references to animal ”moms” and ”dads” and its delicate avoidance of disturbing imagery in the depiction of life and death in the wild, this super-duper deluxe nature documentary (the first title from the new Disneynature label of environmentally conscious crowd-pleasers) clearly aims to recruit young viewers as conservationists. The pitch works for adults, too. Earth, a showpiece from the BBC team that made Planet Earth, is spectacularly photographed, gracefully edited, and effectively matter-of-fact in demonstrating the effects of of climate change. James Earl Jones narrates with the authority of Adam naming the animals. A?
(BBC Worldwide Ltd.)
Genre: Documentary; Starring: James Earl Jones, Patrick Stewart, Ken Watanabe; Director: Alastair Fothergill, Mark Linfield; Author: Alastair Fothergill, Mark Linfield, Leslie Megahey; Release Date Wide: 04/22/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted April 24 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'PLL' showrunner pens emotional note on final day of filming
- 'Pitch': How Kevin Connolly's debut will shake up the Padres
- Twitter mashes up 'Hamilton' and Mike Wazowski from 'Monsters, Inc.'
- Donald Trump praises Newt Gingrich for 'amazing' Megyn Kelly interview
- 'This Is Us': Ron Cephas Jones on William's fate in 'The Game Plan'
- 'Sherlock' season 4 premiere date revealed
- James Gunn shares photo of the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' and stand-ins
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like