With its cozy references to animal ”moms” and ”dads” and its delicate avoidance of disturbing imagery in the depiction of life and death in the wild, this super-duper deluxe nature documentary (the first title from the new Disneynature label of environmentally conscious crowd-pleasers) clearly aims to recruit young viewers as conservationists. The pitch works for adults, too. Earth, a showpiece from the BBC team that made Planet Earth, is spectacularly photographed, gracefully edited, and effectively matter-of-fact in demonstrating the effects of of climate change. James Earl Jones narrates with the authority of Adam naming the animals. A?
(BBC Worldwide Ltd.)
Genre: Documentary; Starring: James Earl Jones, Patrick Stewart, Ken Watanabe; Director: Alastair Fothergill, Mark Linfield; Author: Alastair Fothergill, Mark Linfield, Leslie Megahey; Release Date Wide: 04/22/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted April 24 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the new trailer for Martin Scorsese's HBO series, 'Vinyl'
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine': The 9 best lines from 'The Funeral'
- How 'Blindspot' is hiding more clues in plain sight
- Goo Goo Dolls announce 'A Boy Named Goo' 20th anniversary release
- Britney Spears cameos at Kate Hudson's game night
- Selma Blair on her 'American Crime Story' role: ‘I happen to love Kris Jenner’
- Hasbro says four more 'Transformers' sequels are on the way