With its cozy references to animal ”moms” and ”dads” and its delicate avoidance of disturbing imagery in the depiction of life and death in the wild, this super-duper deluxe nature documentary (the first title from the new Disneynature label of environmentally conscious crowd-pleasers) clearly aims to recruit young viewers as conservationists. The pitch works for adults, too. Earth, a showpiece from the BBC team that made Planet Earth, is spectacularly photographed, gracefully edited, and effectively matter-of-fact in demonstrating the effects of of climate change. James Earl Jones narrates with the authority of Adam naming the animals. A?
(BBC Worldwide Ltd.)
Genre: Documentary; Starring: James Earl Jones, Patrick Stewart, Ken Watanabe; Director: Alastair Fothergill, Mark Linfield; Author: Alastair Fothergill, Mark Linfield, Leslie Megahey; Release Date Wide: 04/22/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted April 24 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- First look: Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Edward Snowden
- Watch the first gameplay trailer for Harmonix's 'Amplitude'
- Kelly Clarkson + Jimmy Fallon in 11-duet medley
- From 'People': Suge Knight hospitalized again, says he 'can't really see'
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame
- From People: Texas man commemorates DressGate with tattoo of 'The Dress'
- Terrence Howard explains his odd moment onstage at the Oscars