Leighton Meester, who stars as Blair Waldorf on The CW’s Gossip Girl, has signed as an artist with Universal Republic Records, Billboard reports. The actress’ debut album is expected to be released this fall; the label said in a statement that Meester will be making music with an “electro-pop edge.” Producers for the project include Polow Da Don and Harvey Mason Jr.
Posted April 24 2009 — 12:04 PM EDT
- #MakeFilmsIntoTVShows Twitter trend was long overdue
- The Best of 2016 in entertainment, from A to Z
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2,' 'Bad Boys 4' set for Summer 2019
- Jennifer Lawrence can't believe Chris Pratt speaks German
- 'Justice League' director Zack Snyder eyeing 'The Last Photograph'
- 'An Inconvenient Truth' sequel debuting at Sundance in Jan. 2017
- Preview the opening scene of the 'Last Man on Earth' fall finale