Don Johnson has been added to the cast of Born to Be a Star, a comedy co-written by Adam Sandler and Nick Swardson, who stars as a man who leaves his Iowa town for Hollywood after discovering that his parents were porn stars in the ’70s – and that he wants to follow in their footsteps. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Johnson will play a down-and-out director who gives Swardson’s character his big break. Christina Ricci costars as Swardson’s naivegirlfriend, while Stephen Dorff appears as an adult film star named Dick Shadow. The cast also includes Gilmore Girls’ Edward Herrmann.
Posted April 28 2009 — 9:59 AM EDT
- 'Real World' couple celebrates 15 years of marriage
- 'Nocturnal Animals' trailer: Love turns to nightmare for Amy Adams
- WATCH: Bryce Dallas Howard on how 'Black Mirror' season 3 resonates now
- Could Judge Judy take the bench on 'The Mindy Project'?
- Hilary Swank was once offered $9.5 million less than her male costar
- Sia releases 3 new tracks on 'This is Acting' deluxe version
- Lady Gaga launches custom 'Joanne' stickers on Twitter