My teenaged self thought that Weezer’s Pinkerton was a top-five album of all time, easy. My adult self still thinks it’s by far the finest piece of music that can be fairly described as “emo.” Both of us are beyond pleased to debut an exclusive clip of Weezer frontman Rivers Cuomo performing Pinkerton’s “El Scorcho” with a few dozen lucky fans at a Long Beach, Calif. record shop. The clip comes from Not Alone – Rivers Cuomo & Friends Live at Fingerprints, which hit stores today as a DVD and EP, but right now the Music Mix is the only place you can find it online. Marvel at the still-relevant Green Day references below. While you’re at it, see if you can figure out why Rivers wore an old-timey engineer’s outfit to this singalong. We’re all ears.
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors