In The Family Man, a sparkling, sprightly comedy — Elinor Lipman’s 10th — dapper Manhattan attorney Henry Archer gets the shock of his life when he realizes the receptionist he’s just tipped is none other than his stepdaughter, Thalia, whom he hasn’t seen in 25 years. Before long, Thalia’s back in his life (ensconced in his maisonette apartment, in fact), and Henry’s got his hands full with her, his endlessly chatty ex-wife Denise, a new lover, and the countless others who wander in and out of his elegant Upper West Side brownstone. As always, the pleasure of a Lipman book is not so much the wispy plot but the original, funny, achingly human characters. A
The Family ManIn The Family Man, a sparkling, sprightly comedy — Elinor Lipman's 10th — dapper Manhattan attorney Henry Archer gets the...The Family ManComic Novels, FictionElinor LipmanIn The Family Man, a sparkling, sprightly comedy — Elinor Lipman's 10th — dapper Manhattan attorney Henry Archer gets the...2009-04-29Houghton Mifflin
Genre: Comic Novels, Fiction; Author: Elinor Lipman; Publisher: Houghton Mifflin
Posted April 29 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt