I hate to say it, but last night’s 30 Rock was nowhere near as good as it’s been the past few weeks. ‘The Natural Order’ did have some good zingers, and an unexpected, but welcome, sentimental scene between Jack and his usually horrendous mother Colleen (the glorious Elaine Stritch). But overall, the episode was too dependent on obvious physical comedy (Jenna gets attacked by a monkey, Liz can’t put a water cooler together, and Tracy wears a Cosby sweater. Okay, I actually really liked that last one.) What do you think, PopWatchers? Did ‘The Natural Order’ feel a little stale to you or am I just bitter that I don’t get to ride a duck boat to work? Here, in chronological order, are last night’s best moments:
1.Tracy pulls out an actual race card.
2. Colleen didn’t want to stay at a certain hotel because someone working there “had a beard and she didn’t want to get raped.”
3. The word “shenanigans” is actually Celtic slang.
4. Griz, Dot Com, and Kenneth try to return a monkey by putting it in an elevator with a sign that reads: “Take me to Indonesia”
5.Colleen’s boyfriend Paul “paints landscapes and makes his own soda.”
6. Florida : America’s Australia!
7. Lenny makes an appearance (ah, Steve Buscemi in all his wonderfully weird glory):
8. “She bit off my nut sack that I tied around my belt to feed squirrels.”
9. “That’s the Quantum Leap intro!”