If you caught director Kelly Reichardt’s 2006 art-house hit Old Joy, you know what she’s up to here: a poetically spare and intimate character study of a young drifter (a heartrending Michelle Williams) and her dog, who amble into one bad break after another in Wendy and Lucy. Bring Kleenex. It has ? the saddest actor/mutt coda since Umberto D. EXTRAS include four avant-garde shorts. B+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Michelle Williams, Will Patton, Will Oldham; Director: Kelly Reichardt; Author: Jonathan Raymond, Kelly Reichardt; Release Date Limited: 12/10/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 80; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Oscilloscope Pictures
Posted May 1 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel' casts Rosa Salazar as lead
- WATCH: Dierks Bentley on what influenced new album 'Black'
- 'Top Gear' host Matt LeBlanc teases roofless car race
- Andy Samberg freestyles about bananas in Lonely Island 'Popstar' clip
- Nick Jonas on Miley Cyrus: 'I'm proud of her'
- Kate Beckinsale reveals her chocolate prank on 'Graham Norton Show'
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse': Inside Quicksilver's show-stopping sequence
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers