If you caught director Kelly Reichardt’s 2006 art-house hit Old Joy, you know what she’s up to here: a poetically spare and intimate character study of a young drifter (a heartrending Michelle Williams) and her dog, who amble into one bad break after another in Wendy and Lucy. Bring Kleenex. It has ? the saddest actor/mutt coda since Umberto D. EXTRAS include four avant-garde shorts. B+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Michelle Williams, Will Patton, Will Oldham; Director: Kelly Reichardt; Author: Jonathan Raymond, Kelly Reichardt; Runtime (in minutes): 80; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Oscilloscope Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Fantastic Four' trailer arrives with hints of Doom
- 'Star Wars: Rogue One' will depict raid to steal original Death Star plans
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis: Now (Tribeca), then ('SNL'), future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!