If you caught director Kelly Reichardt’s 2006 art-house hit Old Joy, you know what she’s up to here: a poetically spare and intimate character study of a young drifter (a heartrending Michelle Williams) and her dog, who amble into one bad break after another in Wendy and Lucy. Bring Kleenex. It has ? the saddest actor/mutt coda since Umberto D. EXTRAS include four avant-garde shorts. B+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Michelle Williams, Will Patton, Will Oldham; Director: Kelly Reichardt; Author: Jonathan Raymond, Kelly Reichardt; Release Date Limited: 12/10/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 80; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Oscilloscope Pictures
Posted May 1 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother' host Julie Chen calls eviction 'ridiculous and dumb'; says Steve 'chickened out'
- Caitlyn Jenner explains how her views on marriage equality have evolved
- Ed Burns was super nervous his first day working with Tom Hanks on 'Saving Private Ryan'
- Blue Ivy dedicates Disney favorite to mom Beyoncé on her birthday
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Murder,' 'Scandal' & more
- The music we loved this week
- 'Game of Thrones' casts Samwell Tarly's brother
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!