If you caught director Kelly Reichardt’s 2006 art-house hit Old Joy, you know what she’s up to here: a poetically spare and intimate character study of a young drifter (a heartrending Michelle Williams) and her dog, who amble into one bad break after another in Wendy and Lucy. Bring Kleenex. It has ? the saddest actor/mutt coda since Umberto D. EXTRAS include four avant-garde shorts. B+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Michelle Williams, Will Patton, Will Oldham; Director: Kelly Reichardt; Author: Jonathan Raymond, Kelly Reichardt; Release Date Limited: 12/10/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 80; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Oscilloscope Pictures
Posted May 1 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears, James Corden reenact '...Baby One More Time'
- 'Scream Queens' season 2 promo pics: The doctors (and nurses) are in
- Marvin Kaplan, 'Alice' and 'Top Cat' actor, dies at 89
- Kanye West's Saint Pablo Tour has a flying stage
- 'American Horror Story' teaser channels 'Children of the Corn'
- Mayim Bialik, Marcie Leeds recreate their 'Beaches' opening scene
- Demi Moore joins R-rated comedy 'Rock That Body'