Ben Stiller and Reese Witherspoon could help Fox reboot plans for sci-fi comedy ‘Used Guys,’ according to The Hollywood Reporter. The earlier version would have starred Stiller and Jim Carrey as men in a future dominated by women, who clone and trade men. The new incarnation, which could be directed by Little Miss Sunshine’s Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris, will focus more on Witherspoon as a clone owner and Stiller as a clone. The original was to be directed by Jay Roach and co-star Emily Mortimer, with a June 2007 release date, but Fox deemed its $112 million budget too costly.
Posted May 5 2009 — 12:34 PM EDT
- Patton Oswalt shares touching words from daughter after wife’s death
- Aretha Franklin performs 'Purple Rain' on International Jazz Day
- 'Penny Dreadful' season 3 sneak peek teases 'a terrible end'
- 'Captain America: Civil War' opens to $200 million internationally
- WATCH: Taylor John Smith on his 'Cruel Intentions' reboot audition
- Mads Mikkelsen says he wants to return for more 'Hannibal'
- See Kerry Washington, Kendall Jenner, and more celebs at the WHCD
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch