David Hasselhoff’s lawyer refutes claims that the actor was treated for alcohol poisoning at an LA hospital this weekend, E News said today. Reports surfaced Sunday that the America’s Got Talent judge was found unconscious Saturday by his teenage daughter, Hayley, who reportedly had Hasselhoff rushed to LA’s Cedars Sinai Medical Center. The former Baywatch star, who admitted in 2002 that he nearly died of alcohol poisoning after a particularly serious binge, “is totally fine,” his attorney, Melvin Goldsman, told E! News today. “These stories are complete fabrications…He wasn’t feeling well, he went into the hospital, and was released. I talked to him early Sunday morning and he was completely fine.” Hasselhoff’s difficulties with alcohol were perhaps most famously brought to light in 2007, when footage recorded by Hayley of the star drunkenly attempting to eat a hamburger made its way to entertainment news programs.
Posted May 5 2009 — 12:51 AM EDT
- 'Major League' star Margaret Whitton dies at 67
- 'Supergirl': Will we ever meet Earth-1 Kara Danvers?
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 3' delayed until 2019
- 'The Flash' winter finale will change the direction of the show
- ANOHNI urges president to release Chelsea Manning
- Ja Rule, Ashanti reunite for mesmerizing performance of 'Helpless'
- 'Chicago P.D.': Get an exclusive first look at Nick Wechsler's debut
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday