HBO has picked up Treme, a New Orleans-set drama series from The Wire creator David Simon, and is aiming for a fall debut, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The show chronicles the rebuilding of post-Katrina New Orleans through the eyes of local musicians. Simon co-created the project with fellow Homicide writer, and longtime New Orleans resident, Eric Overmyer.
Posted May 6 2009 — 9:51 AM EDT
- 'Rogue One' director says he stole the Death Star plans from set
- Trump slams 'Apprentice' producing reports as 'rediculous'
- Lacey Chabert shares her list of Hallmark holiday movie musts
- #MakeFilmsIntoTVShows Twitter trend was long overdue
- The Best of 2016 in entertainment, from A to Z
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2,' 'Bad Boys 4' set for Summer 2019
- Jennifer Lawrence can't believe Chris Pratt speaks German