Jon and Kate — plus date? Jon Gosselin, the long-suffering patriarch on TLC’s top-rated reality show Jon & Kate Plus Eight, found himself at the center of a tabloid tsunami after he was photographed leaving a Pennsylvania bar with a mystery woman on April 18. (Both he and the woman, now identified as Deanna Hummel, insist they’re just pals.) ”I may be guilty of choosing the wrong time and place to hang out with my friends, but I am not guilty of cheating on my wife,” Jon, 32 — who weathered a similar scandal in March — tells EW exclusively. Although Kate shares Jon’s anger at the tabloids, she seems to place the bulk of the blame on her husband of almost 10 years. ”Jon’s poor judgment and irresponsible behavior has, without a doubt, caused some added tension,” says the 34-year-old, who’s famous for her tough-talking approach with her kids and her husband. Still, this is exactly the kind of messy real-life drama that has kept fans tuning in to TLC’s most lucrative show — and it will likely boost viewership for their upcoming fifth season. What it’ll do to their marriage? That’s another story. ”We are not concerned about the ratings right now,” Kate says. ”Our main focus is on our family and working through this.”
Posted May 8 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!