AP is reporting that Mickey Carroll, one of the last surviving cast members who portrayed Munchkins in The Wizard of Oz, died today at his home in Missouri. He was 89. Carroll was among the more than 100 adults and children recruited to the play Munchkins in the 1939 classic. He appeared in the role of “Town Crier,” as well as playing a fiddler and a soldier. Aside from Oz, Carroll also performed in vaudeville and radio shows and did voice-over work. In 2007, he, along with six of the other remaining Munchkins, received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Posted May 8 2009 — 12:48 AM EDT
- Elizabeth Banks compares Donald Trump to 'Hunger Games' character
- Oprah Winfrey to reunite with Ava DuVernay on 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Lauren Conrad teases new secrets revealed upcoming The Hills special
- 'Hands of Stone': Roberto Durán earns his nickname in new clip
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' alums Clay Aiken, Khloe Kardashian slam Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton is officially the Democratic nominee for president
- 'Narcos': Run your own drug cartel in new mobile game