You’ll never look at your next toothbrush (or your next any product) in quite the same ? way after watching this astute, elegant inquiry into the purpose and process of industrial ?design, Objectified. Gary Hustwit, who made a star out of a typeface in the ?cult-hit documentary Helvetica, turns his talent for bringing ? inanimate objects to cinematic life — and his instinct for finding engaging onscreen commentators — to the business of stuff, with beguiling results. There’s ?a thrilling sequence involving the mass production of plastic chairs, and a great discussion about vegetable-peeler handles. A
Posted May 8 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt