You’ll never look at your next toothbrush (or your next any product) in quite the same ? way after watching this astute, elegant inquiry into the purpose and process of industrial ?design, Objectified. Gary Hustwit, who made a star out of a typeface in the ?cult-hit documentary Helvetica, turns his talent for bringing ? inanimate objects to cinematic life — and his instinct for finding engaging onscreen commentators — to the business of stuff, with beguiling results. There’s ?a thrilling sequence involving the mass production of plastic chairs, and a great discussion about vegetable-peeler handles. A
Posted May 8 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'This Is Us' star on tonight's ep: 'We meet Jack in the present day'
- Chris Martin sings with kids Apple and Moses at charity event
- Watch the trailer for 'I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House'
- Michael Phelps brings his Phelps Face to new 'Call of Duty' trailer
- ABC cuts 'Notorious' order, possibly first canceled show
- Pussy Riot debut celebratory anthem 'Straight Outta Vagina'
- Watch the 'X-Men 2' trailer recut in the style of 'Logan'