You’ll never look at your next toothbrush (or your next any product) in quite the same ? way after watching this astute, elegant inquiry into the purpose and process of industrial ?design, Objectified. Gary Hustwit, who made a star out of a typeface in the ?cult-hit documentary Helvetica, turns his talent for bringing ? inanimate objects to cinematic life — and his instinct for finding engaging onscreen commentators — to the business of stuff, with beguiling results. There’s ?a thrilling sequence involving the mass production of plastic chairs, and a great discussion about vegetable-peeler handles. A
Posted May 8 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears, James Corden reenact '...Baby One More Time'
- 'Scream Queens' season 2 promo pics: The doctors (and nurses) are in
- Marvin Kaplan, 'Alice' and 'Top Cat' actor, dies at 89
- Kanye West's Saint Pablo Tour has a flying stage
- 'American Horror Story' teaser channels 'Children of the Corn'
- Mayim Bialik, Marcie Leeds recreate their 'Beaches' opening scene
- Demi Moore joins R-rated comedy 'Rock That Body'