You’ll never look at your next toothbrush (or your next any product) in quite the same ? way after watching this astute, elegant inquiry into the purpose and process of industrial ?design, Objectified. Gary Hustwit, who made a star out of a typeface in the ?cult-hit documentary Helvetica, turns his talent for bringing ? inanimate objects to cinematic life — and his instinct for finding engaging onscreen commentators — to the business of stuff, with beguiling results. There’s ?a thrilling sequence involving the mass production of plastic chairs, and a great discussion about vegetable-peeler handles. A
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'