You’ll never look at your next toothbrush (or your next any product) in quite the same ? way after watching this astute, elegant inquiry into the purpose and process of industrial ?design, Objectified. Gary Hustwit, who made a star out of a typeface in the ?cult-hit documentary Helvetica, turns his talent for bringing ? inanimate objects to cinematic life — and his instinct for finding engaging onscreen commentators — to the business of stuff, with beguiling results. There’s ?a thrilling sequence involving the mass production of plastic chairs, and a great discussion about vegetable-peeler handles. A
Posted May 8 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' postmortem: Elizabeth Henstridge talks surprising return
- The 10 most-promising 'Voice' contestants
- Top 5 'Muppets' moments from 'Bear Left Then Bear Write'
- Johnny Cash and Miranda Lambert get stars on the Music City Walk of Fame
- Casting Net: Jennifer Aniston, Jack Huston fly with 'The Yellow Birds'
- Hannibal Buress shares unaired 'Unemployable' pilot
- 'The Flash' boss on heartbreaking premiere twist