In the upcoming June issue of Essence, Jennifer Hudson opens up about her late mother Darnell Donerson, People.com reports. Hudson recalls she was her “mamma’s baby” and “I’d go and sleep in her bed until I was 15 years old.” Hudson’s fiance, David Otunga, admits that she has been reluctant to talk to the media about Donerson (who, along with Hudson’s brother and nephew were murdered in October of 2008) stating, “We don’t talk about it.” Hudson also recently talked with EW about her life and career.
Posted May 13 2009 — 11:05 PM EDT
- EW Recommends The Last Man on Earth, Grace and Frankie, and more
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway
- William Shatner, Patrick Stewart on Nimoy
- Once Upon a Time's JoAnna Garcia Swisher joins untitled Tommy Johnagin pilot
- On the Books: 'Clueless' star Stacey Dash signs book deal
- Kelly Osbourne is leaving E!'s Fashion Police
- 'Focus': The reviews are in...