The Associated Press is reporting that Azharuddin Mohammed Ismail, a 10-year-old star of Slumdog Millionaire, is now homeless after his family home was bulldozed earlier today in a government mandated “pre-monsoon sweep” of illegally built shanties in Mumbai, India’s Garib Nagar slum. Now Ismail, who played young Salim in the $326 million grossing Best Picture-winning film, and his family are preparing to spend the night on the muddy ground surrounded by the rubble of their former shack. Director Danny Boyle and producer Christian Coulson have promised to donate $30,000 to ultimately help the young stars find permanent housing.
Posted May 14 2009 — 9:10 PM EDT
- 'Rogue One' director says he stole the Death Star plans from set
- Trump slams 'Apprentice' producing reports as 'rediculous'
- Lacey Chabert shares her list of Hallmark holiday movie musts
- #MakeFilmsIntoTVShows Twitter trend was long overdue
- The Best of 2016 in entertainment, from A to Z
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2,' 'Bad Boys 4' set for Summer 2019
- Jennifer Lawrence can't believe Chris Pratt speaks German