Monica Bellucci, star of Shoot ‘Em Up and the French film Ne te retourne pas (Don’t Look Back, premiering this weekend at Cannes), will play opposite Nicholas Cage in Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer’s The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, according to Variety. Belluci’s sorceress Veronica is the long-lost love of Cage’s character, Balthazar Blake. Directed by Jon Turteltaub, the film about a sorcerer who recruits and trains a young protege to fight forces of darkness in modern-day Manhattan is scheduled for a July 2010 release.
Posted May 15 2009 — 10:12 AM EDT
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big