Farrah Fawcett proved she’s still a major draw for TV audiences when her special, Farrah’s Story, attracted 8.9 million viewers to NBC Friday night, according to a press release issued by the network. Although not the no. 1 network show for the evening (CBS’s Numb3rs outdistanced Fawcett, with 9.6 million people watching the procedural drama’s season finale), it was still NBC’s highest-rated Friday night program in a year, excluding the Olympics. Farrah’s Story, shot with Fawcett’s own video camera, documents the Charlie’s Angels vet’s two-and-a-half-year fight with anal cancer.
Posted May 17 2009 — 7:05 PM EDT
- Matt LeBlanc on beginning 'Man With a Plan' and ending 'Episodes'
- Oscar frontrunners set to gather at EW PopFest
- Tom Hanks still remembers the rap from 'Big'
- 'Walking Dead' quiz: How well do you know dead characters' last lines?
- Sean Penn on the political relevance of 'Bob Honey Who Just Do Stuff'
- Margot Robbie in talks to join 'Peter Rabbit' movie
- Why 'The Conjuring' is the perfect Halloween movie