Billy Elliot – the story of a coal miner’s son who just wants to dance – took home the best musical award, as well as nine other kudos, at the Great White Way’s 54th annual Drama Desk Awards, which were announced May 17. Ruined, a Pulitzer Prize-winning drama set during an African civil war, won the prize for best play.
Posted May 18 2009 — 9:58 AM EDT
- Bernardo Bertolucci responds to 'Last Tango in Paris' controversy
- 'Rogue One' stars react to weirdness of having their own toys
- Kelly Clarkson performs 'It's Quiet Uptown' on 'TODAY'
- Best of 2016: How 'Deadpool' became a record-breaking viral sensation
- 'Fast 8' trailer gets release date
- James Van Der Beek and Michelle Williams have a 'Dawson's Creek' reunion
- Jimmy Kimmel to host 2017 Oscars ceremony
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday