Bridget Jones’s Diary is heading to the British stage as a musical co-written by the book’s author, Helen Fielding, Variety reports. The film’s producer, Working Title, is developing the project following the smash success of its stage adaptation of Billy Elliot. The role of Miss Jones has yet to be cast, but Renee Zellweger (who played her in the movies) won’t be reprising her for the stage. Jones is likely to be ready in 2011.
Posted May 19 2009 — 12:52 PM EDT
- Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder celebrates pennant victory with Chicago Cubs
- Kanye West won't go to the Grammys if Frank Ocean's not nominated
- 'Doctor Strange' reviews: Here's what the critics think
- Watch Lady Gaga rock through 'A-YO,' 'Million Reasons' on 'SNL'
- 'Man With a Plan': Matt LeBlanc on his 'bananas' new show
- 'SNL' sketch turns an innocent Halloween into a wild and crazy night
- 'SNL': Tom Hanks plays 'Black Jeopardy' as a Donald Trump supporter