Director Michael Haneke’s film The White Ribbon won the Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival earlier today while Christoph Waltz (left) was given the Actor award for his role in Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds. (This was the only award given to an American film.) Variety.com has the full list of winners.
Posted May 24 2009 — 7:20 PM EDT
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Julie Chen on 'Big Brother' showmances: 'Go for it!'
- Leonardo DiCaprio to play rock and roll innovator Sam Phillips
- 'Teen Wolf' cast added to EW PopFest lineup