Mr. T emerged from TV Land obscurity to throw out the ceremonial first pitch and sing during the seventh inning stretch at the Chicago Cubs game last night. The southpaw’s huge rainbow lob fell well outside the strike zone (his throwing style is similar to his speech: halting and mildly humorous), but he did deliver a fairly solid rendition of “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” that included the line “For it’s one! Two! Three strikes you out…” and one of his vintage “uhhhhhhrrr” growls. I’m not sure what Mr. T’s old school buddies think of the Southside native showing up at Wrigley to support Chicago’s cuddily Northside team (or of his billowy red, white, and blue Zubas). But White Sox fans had the last laugh anyway: Not even T’s rally cry of “I pity the Pirates!” could prevent the Cubs from losing the game 10-8.
Posted May 26 2009 — 4:24 PM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on why Saviors follow Negan
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'