Mr. T emerged from TV Land obscurity to throw out the ceremonial first pitch and sing during the seventh inning stretch at the Chicago Cubs game last night. The southpaw’s huge rainbow lob fell well outside the strike zone (his throwing style is similar to his speech: halting and mildly humorous), but he did deliver a fairly solid rendition of “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” that included the line “For it’s one! Two! Three strikes you out…” and one of his vintage “uhhhhhhrrr” growls. I’m not sure what Mr. T’s old school buddies think of the Southside native showing up at Wrigley to support Chicago’s cuddily Northside team (or of his billowy red, white, and blue Zubas). But White Sox fans had the last laugh anyway: Not even T’s rally cry of “I pity the Pirates!” could prevent the Cubs from losing the game 10-8.
Posted May 26 2009 — 4:24 PM EDT
- Tom Cruise joins the world of gods and monsters in 'The Mummy' trailer
- 'Once Upon a Time': The hooded figure is revealed!
- Justin Bieber confirms he's single: 'I'm not really looking either'
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- Donald Trump makes cinema great again on hilarious Instagram account
- 'Transformers' teases new trailer in behind-the-scenes clip
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big