Police are guarding the country road leading to a Forrest City, Ark., prison, as they wait for rapper T.I. to arrive for his year-long sentence on a weapons conviction, the AP reports. T.I. (ne Clifford J. Harris Jr.), 28, was arrested in 2007 after attempting to purchase unregistered machine guns and silencers from undercover agents. He faced a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for each of three charges in his indictment, but reached a plea deal that included house arrest before his sentencing and speaking to high schools about the dangers of guns and drugs. He will be on three years probation after he’s released and must pay a $100,000 fine.
Posted May 26 2009 — 3:47 PM EDT
- Christian Slater channeled his inner Ethel Merman for 'King Cobra'
- Lady Gaga: 'Joanne' sealed my Super Bowl halftime show deal
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' video reveals first look at Citizen Steel
- 'Better Things': Olivia Edward on when she's allowed to watch the show
- Stephen Colbert completely fails his Canadian citizenship interview
- Gal Gadot had military training before she met Donald Trump
- 'Vampire Diaries' boss talks bringing characters back