Jessica Biel in a teacup-rattling ’20s period piece? With her lewd pinup grin and husky flat voice, she sticks out like a sore starlet in Easy Virtue — but that’s the whole point in this loosely ”freshened up” version of a Noël Coward play. Biel plays the race-car-driving American bride of ?a British rich kid (Ben Barnes), who takes her to the family mansion. Once there, she squares off against her new ?in-laws — Kristin Scott Thomas as Barnes’ embattled mother, Colin Firth as the whipped-puppy patriarch — with vulgar vitality, even if the picture itself is only mechanically breezy. B?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Ben Barnes, Jessica Biel, Colin Firth, Kristin Scott-Thomas; Director: Stephan Elliott; Author: Noel Coward, Stephan Elliott, Sheridan Jobbins; Release Date Wide: 05/22/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted May 27 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'