Jessica Biel in a teacup-rattling ’20s period piece? With her lewd pinup grin and husky flat voice, she sticks out like a sore starlet in Easy Virtue — but that’s the whole point in this loosely ”freshened up” version of a Noël Coward play. Biel plays the race-car-driving American bride of ?a British rich kid (Ben Barnes), who takes her to the family mansion. Once there, she squares off against her new ?in-laws — Kristin Scott Thomas as Barnes’ embattled mother, Colin Firth as the whipped-puppy patriarch — with vulgar vitality, even if the picture itself is only mechanically breezy. B?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Ben Barnes, Jessica Biel, Colin Firth, Kristin Scott-Thomas; Director: Stephan Elliott; Author: Noel Coward, Stephan Elliott, Sheridan Jobbins; Release Date Wide: 05/22/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted May 27 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- There will be two Oscars hosts next year
- Kimmel read 'cryptic and menacing' death threats from the gaming community
- 7-year-old cancer patient sings 'Fight Song' with Rachel Platten
- Here's how Gary Busey announced his 'DWTS' appearance
- French train hero describes disarming gunman for Jimmy Fallon
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Diane Kruger, Padma Lakshmi, Elle Fanning & More!