Jessica Biel in a teacup-rattling ’20s period piece? With her lewd pinup grin and husky flat voice, she sticks out like a sore starlet in Easy Virtue — but that’s the whole point in this loosely ”freshened up” version of a Noël Coward play. Biel plays the race-car-driving American bride of ?a British rich kid (Ben Barnes), who takes her to the family mansion. Once there, she squares off against her new ?in-laws — Kristin Scott Thomas as Barnes’ embattled mother, Colin Firth as the whipped-puppy patriarch — with vulgar vitality, even if the picture itself is only mechanically breezy. B?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Ben Barnes, Jessica Biel, Colin Firth, Kristin Scott-Thomas; Director: Stephan Elliott; Author: Noel Coward, Stephan Elliott, Sheridan Jobbins; Release Date Wide: 05/22/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted May 27 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ed Sheeran breaks out his British red coat for Taylor Swift’s Fourth of July party
- Billy Joel's surprise July 4 wedding
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!