Jessica Biel in a teacup-rattling ’20s period piece? With her lewd pinup grin and husky flat voice, she sticks out like a sore starlet in Easy Virtue — but that’s the whole point in this loosely ”freshened up” version of a Noël Coward play. Biel plays the race-car-driving American bride of ?a British rich kid (Ben Barnes), who takes her to the family mansion. Once there, she squares off against her new ?in-laws — Kristin Scott Thomas as Barnes’ embattled mother, Colin Firth as the whipped-puppy patriarch — with vulgar vitality, even if the picture itself is only mechanically breezy. B?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Ben Barnes, Jessica Biel, Colin Firth, Kristin Scott-Thomas; Director: Stephan Elliott; Author: Noel Coward, Stephan Elliott, Sheridan Jobbins; Release Date Wide: 05/22/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted May 27 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Box office: 'Kung Fu Panda 3' wins again as newcomers fumble
- John Legend, Sam Smith, and more celebs react to Beyonce's 'Formation'
- Beyoncé looks back on Super Bowl halftime show in rare interview
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' crosses $2 billion worldwide
- Larry David promises disappointment in his 'SNL' monologue
- 'SNL' puts an 'X-Files' spin on those Super Bowl snack commercials
- Whitney Houston's brother remembers her iconic Super Bowl performance