Jessica Biel in a teacup-rattling ’20s period piece? With her lewd pinup grin and husky flat voice, she sticks out like a sore starlet in Easy Virtue — but that’s the whole point in this loosely ”freshened up” version of a Noël Coward play. Biel plays the race-car-driving American bride of ?a British rich kid (Ben Barnes), who takes her to the family mansion. Once there, she squares off against her new ?in-laws — Kristin Scott Thomas as Barnes’ embattled mother, Colin Firth as the whipped-puppy patriarch — with vulgar vitality, even if the picture itself is only mechanically breezy. B?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Ben Barnes, Jessica Biel, Colin Firth, Kristin Scott-Thomas; Director: Stephan Elliott; Author: Noel Coward, Stephan Elliott, Sheridan Jobbins; Release Date Wide: 05/22/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted May 27 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ryan Lochte is 'Drunk Frat Boy' in parody song of Rio robbery apology
- Fox News host calls Red Hot Chili Peppers 'worst band on the planet'
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual
- 'Dead of Summer' unveils killer Amy twist
- Former Miss Universe becomes U.S. citizen to vote against Donald Trump
- 'Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders' trailer: Vintage villains are back
- Amy Schumer met Beyoncé at the Met Gala, but still left early