Jessica Biel in a teacup-rattling ’20s period piece? With her lewd pinup grin and husky flat voice, she sticks out like a sore starlet in Easy Virtue — but that’s the whole point in this loosely ”freshened up” version of a Noël Coward play. Biel plays the race-car-driving American bride of ?a British rich kid (Ben Barnes), who takes her to the family mansion. Once there, she squares off against her new ?in-laws — Kristin Scott Thomas as Barnes’ embattled mother, Colin Firth as the whipped-puppy patriarch — with vulgar vitality, even if the picture itself is only mechanically breezy. B?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Ben Barnes, Jessica Biel, Colin Firth, Kristin Scott-Thomas; Director: Stephan Elliott; Author: Noel Coward, Stephan Elliott, Sheridan Jobbins; Release Date Wide: 05/22/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted May 27 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Penelope Cruz on the 'anti-melodrama' of her new film 'Ma Ma'
- 'Roots' producers & cast on why the iconic miniseries needed a remake
- 'Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge': See a peek at NBC's new series
- 'The Voice' winner Alisan Porter: 'I have retired Curly Sue'
- Jordana Brewster looks back on 'The Fast and the Furious'
- WATCH: Pierce Brosnan is selling a new drug in 'Urge' exclusive clip
- 'Nashville': Relive the 10 biggest guest star performances