And we thought Brangelina vs.Jennifer was shocking. Archie Andrews, the beloved, freckled protagonist of the Archie comic books has been roiled in a romantic love triangle for the past 67 years between blonde, pretty, girl-next-door Betty Cooper, and rich, spoiled, brunette beauty, Veronica Lodge. It always seemed, to me at least, that Archie’s heart and future lay with Betty, and that Veronica was just a fantasy, an infatuation. But lo and behold, in issue #600 of the Archie comic, arriving in comic book stores in July, Archie proposes to Veronica in a jewelry store, while a tearful Betty and dazed Jughead look on. Which prompts this epic question: What the hell is Archie thinking? Seriously, he can’t possibly afford Veronica’s lifestyle on that temp-worker income of his, and she’s going to make his life miserable. He’ll always be falling short of her expectations. Betty, meanwhile, loved Archie just as he is. The lad is making a foolish, foolish error, and he’s clearly thinking with the wrong part of his anatomy. But what do you think, Popwatchers? Did Archie totally blow it, or is Veronica such a babe that she’s worth the drama?
Posted May 28 2009 — 2:02 AM EDT
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday