And we thought Brangelina vs.Jennifer was shocking. Archie Andrews, the beloved, freckled protagonist of the Archie comic books has been roiled in a romantic love triangle for the past 67 years between blonde, pretty, girl-next-door Betty Cooper, and rich, spoiled, brunette beauty, Veronica Lodge. It always seemed, to me at least, that Archie’s heart and future lay with Betty, and that Veronica was just a fantasy, an infatuation. But lo and behold, in issue #600 of the Archie comic, arriving in comic book stores in July, Archie proposes to Veronica in a jewelry store, while a tearful Betty and dazed Jughead look on. Which prompts this epic question: What the hell is Archie thinking? Seriously, he can’t possibly afford Veronica’s lifestyle on that temp-worker income of his, and she’s going to make his life miserable. He’ll always be falling short of her expectations. Betty, meanwhile, loved Archie just as he is. The lad is making a foolish, foolish error, and he’s clearly thinking with the wrong part of his anatomy. But what do you think, Popwatchers? Did Archie totally blow it, or is Veronica such a babe that she’s worth the drama?
Posted May 28 2009 — 2:02 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: New posters feature three generations, plus Luke
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop